The Nation and the world at large are currently facing one of the greatest pandemic and a serious medical and health challenge from Covid-19, the deadly virus. The Government, the frontline warriors and the Citizens are all fighting to defeat the global pandemic. India is going through a complete lock down period of 40 days in which everything has come to a standstill, including the construction works in the project. On the directions of RUIDP, CAPC team including the core unit experts and town unit experts are working from home and are in regular touch with the Project Management Unit (PMU) and Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and are carrying out the project responsibilities.
Community Awareness and Participation Consultancy (CAPC) works in the community and its motto is that the project benefits reach the general public and various stakeholders. The Core unit experts are coordinating and monitoring regularly in 13 towns with SDE-GSs in the project loan towns and community officers in program loan towns and guiding them as per directions received from the client in fulfilling their duties. During the lock down period, CAPC team and the project is showing complete solidarity and commitment towards corona warriors and is also helping in increasing the access of the labourers to the ration, food packets and their other daily needs.
CAPC in coordination with the PMU, district administration, PIU and Contractor have carried the following measures and activities to support the fight against Corona.
• Coordinated and facilitated the handing over of 6000 face masks to the district administration in Pali project town through the contractor L&T for Doctors, Medical Staff, Police, Safaikarmi and other Corona warriors.
• Facilitated the distribution of food and ration to the project labourers residing in the labour camps in Jhunjhunu, Bhilwara, Sriganganagar and Pali project towns. More than 150 labourers are residing at labour camp in Sriganganagar.
• Organized a program to honour Safai Karamchari and Swacchta Karmi in Sriganganagar much before the outbreak of Corona as a mark of respect.
• Provided support to the medical team in tourist check-ups in the program loan town Mount Abu in the very initial stage of Corona as per directions of district administration.
• Continuous support to addressing grievances on government Sampark Portal.
The CAPC core team and core experts have also prepared the explanations and notes on project targets for Below Poverty Line (BPL) households in upcoming Phase IV and new measures or target oriented action plans included in the design of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Plan of CAPPC in phase IV to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment while adequately answering the queries raised by Asian Development Bank on these issues.