On 20 March 2020, the first COVID-19 patient was identified in Jhunjhunu city who had come from abroad. There was chaos in the city as soon as the news of corona infected was found and the district administration had to impose curfew by the end of the evening. On 25.03.2020, the lockdown was announced by the Prime Minister of the country in the whole country. The project works were going on at a very fast pace, about 140 laborers were living in the labor camp. Due to the lockdown, the work was interrupted and the work had to be stopped. Till 28.3.2020, the laborers who were living nearby went home from their own level. 78 laborers were still in the camp with their families. When they were contacted, they told that they have lack of ration, which is causing problems in their livelihood. Their problem was discussed with the client at many levels and efforts of our Team Leader Sh. Babu Lal Sharma and City Level Social Experts paid off. They ensured the arrangement of medical help and foods with the help of contractor.
From 29 March 2020 to 30 April 2020, the entire ration for 78 laborers families was distributed twice a week and fruits were distributed once a week. Health related facilities were provided to them by contacting to the hospital. Health camps were organized from time to time as well.
The following activities done by the expert:
- 35 target group discussions on Covid-19 Awareness in which total 710 people (Male – 506 Female – 204) participated.
- Flex and banners were displayed at 32 main places and squares of the city.
- 08 training programs were organized on Corona.
- Organized 2 training programs for Project Implementation Unit (client), Larson & Toubro (contractor) and PMDSC (consultant) officers.
- Distribution of ration for 78 laborers and their family members from March 28 to April 30, 2020
- Organized 06 health camps for the laborers and their families.
- Organized 01 vaccination camp in which 250 people were vaccinated.
- Arrangement of quarantine rooms at the camp site by following the COVID guidelines.