The project objective was to strengthen the tourism sector and to make strategic investments that create a platform for sustainable and inclusive tourism growth in the coming years.
We assisted the government in prioritising destinations and market segments that can provide the best return on investment for proposed project activities and that give Sri Lanka a foundation for competitive, sustainable, and inclusive tourism in the coming decade.
- Rigorous demand and supply assessment to identify priority tourism themes and target markets
- Carrying capacity assessments to steer tourism growth
- Destination-priority ranking to delineate investment areas
- Tourism recovery roadmap for reviving the tourism economy of Srilanka
- Successfully conducted National level Investor’s Meet to attract private sector investments & identify investment concerns
- Identified 30+ ready-to-invest tourism projects including project components, costing, and phasing
- Four Destination development plans prepared for four target areas – Kalpitiya and Nuwara Eliya developed as ecotourism hubs
- Four Development plans for market segments prepared for 4 target market areas
- Nature and wildlife tourism identified as one of the top tourism products