The project focused on providing implementation support to seven provincial cities of Vietnam (Bac Lieu, Ben Tre, Long Xuyen, Vinh Long, Tan An, Vi Thanh, and Soc Trang) which are in the early stages of urbanisation to adopt green infrastructure principles in design and urban planning, considering adaptability to climate change particularly water-related hazards.
We assisted World Bank in its long-term engagement in urban upgrading programmes within the Mekong Delta Region (MDR) including Vietnam Urban Upgrading Program (VUUP). Under this project, the capacities of cities were strengthened to conceive well-designed upgrading plans that incorporate appropriate resilience measures.
- Undertake preparatory tasks for design review
- Provide advisory services on detailed design for green infrastructure
- Review the City Master Plan, Zoning Plan, and development regulations and suggest practical ways to incorporate green infrastructure principles and design
- Prepare design guidelines to incorporate green infrastructure principles and design
- Develop training manuals on green infrastructure principles and design