Aimed at strengthening health services in the state, the Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project (MHSSP) intends to improve accountability, quality, and utilisation of health services, especially among public facilities at Primary Health Centre (PHC), Community Health Centre (CHC), and District Hospital (DH) levels.
The project is designed to enhance the health system performance and quality of services through strategic investment in the areas of programme management, health insurance and quality of service delivery. This project will also invest in iterative learning processes from small scale innovative services that can be meaningfully integrated in the local context. The learnings from the project are expected to shed light on the health systems in other north eastern states, India and neighbouring countries with similar challenges.
To accelerate progress in this direction, we are providing project management support with guidance from Department of Health and Family Welfare, Meghalaya.
- Provide programme management and monitoring support
- Provide support to the procurement process
- Provide support to the financial management process
- Provide advisory services to the state government in establishing a Digital Health Information System
- Facilitate the identification of additional technical areas relevant to address emerging challenges