Realising the potential of the tourism industry in transforming Bangladesh into a middle-income country, the master plan aims to provide a clear road map for the development of the tourism sector over the next 25 years, with a focus on achieving inclusive and sustainable growth while accelerating economic growth.
We have signed a 30-year-old Master Plan agreement with Bangladesh Tourism Board to develop the country’s tourism sector.
- Product development based on global demand assessment, feasibility assessment, and site-level performance evaluation
- Attract global private sector investments through policy and institutional reforms, promote ease of doing business, and unleash tourism potential
- National-level vision and strategy formulation to strengthen governance, product development, and market development
- Enhancing Bangladesh’s appeal within South Asia, via revamped marketing and branding campaigns by leveraging the support of multiple stakeholders.
- 1100+ destination asset mapping on the GIS platform
- 2000+ stakeholders’ consultations 9including 22+ ministry-level meetings)
- 10% expected increase in GDP contribution of tourism by 2041
- 20% expected increase in tourism jobs by 2041