The Holistic Development of Package Islands (HDPI) aimed at strengthening the maritime economy while leveraging its tourism potential by providing end-to-end solutions starting from market assessment-based project identification, investor consultation-driven implementation plan, feasibility assessments, and transaction advisory services.
We as project partners were engaged in several activities.
- Multisectoral projects worth INR 69 billion+ identified — India’s first water villas, seaweed cultivation, seaplane operations, floating solar panels, etc carried out
- Promoted responsible tourism development through sensitivity analysis, carrying capacity, and species
sensitive SOPs and guidelines
- Land & marine spatial zoning along with ecologically responsive development control regulations
- Projects implemented on the ground – road expansion, floating jetties, airport expansion
- Successfully attracted private investment for hospitality projects through national-level investor meets, appropriate project structuring, regular concern redressal communications, clearances parked with UT support agreement
- 14,500 direct employment generated
- India’s first eco-label for sustainable dive operations – Green fins to be activated
- India’s first Water Villa in Kadmat & Suheli (worth INR 4800 million) successfully awarded to the Taj Group
- India’s 1st instance of Upfront CRZ and EC Clearance
- Kadmat and Minicoy Beaches awarded International Blue Flag Certification