With a focus on developing and conserving the natural and cultural tourist attractions in Himachal Pradesh, the programme aims to attract more tourists and provide tourism job opportunities for local communities.
Through a rigorous participatory approach, we assisted the state government in the implementation of the Infrastructure Development Investment Programme for Tourism (IDIPT) over 10 years to achieve its target of enhancing tourism potential. Key outputs included a Tourism Master Plan for the entire State, priority tourism project design, project management services, DPR & feasibility report preparation, bid process management, construction supervision & enhancement of community-based tourism through skill development & capacity building.
- 237 tourism promotion areas delineated into 22 tourism clusters and 25 thematic circuits
- Prepared feasibility reports for seven Early Bird Projects (EBPs) worth INR 5.2 billion in priority areas
- Formulated Sustainable Tourism Policy for Himachal Pradesh, 2019 (currently notified)
- Projects worth INR 36.46 billion proposed for tourism development across the state
- 25 tourism projects completed and handed over to the client
- INR 4.5 billion estimated capital cost of projects for which PMC and PMDSC support was provided
- 7000+ people trained in community-based tourism products
- 35 people assisted in the formation of SHGs
- 20+ homestays assisted in the registration
3500+ women from over 40 Self Help Groups trained on pine needle handicrafts weaving in Solan District, Himachal Pradesh