With the objective of unleashing the tourism potential of Uttarakhand, the project involved the identification of tourism circuits & packages, investible projects, hard and soft interventions, feasibility assessments, etc. in congruence with the state’s vision of facilitating environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive tourism development.
We as project partners carried out several activities.
- Innovative tourism projects worth INR 120 billion were identified across proposed circuits/packages
- Holistic Development of Tehri Lake as the Blue-Green Gateway to Uttarakhand, promoting women-centric community development
- Comprehensive utility planning along the Chardham Pilgrim Route
- Holistic development plans for one destination in each of the 13 districts as part of the 13D13D Plan – one of the most ambitious goals of the state government
- Feasibility assessments for projects worth INR 1.83 billion such as eco-resort & convention centre, film city, eco glamping, etc.
- Tourism development of Tehri Lake of INR 12.1 billion received approval from the Directorate of Economic Affairs for external funding from the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- 15th Finance Commission approval for INR 88 billion for state-wide tourism infrastructure transformation
- Facilitated design and implementation of 130 public toilet blocks along the Chardham Pilgrim Route in a record time of less than a year