This project aimed to find innovative solutions for pressing sanitation issues across the value chain during the planning, design, implementation and monitoring process. This entailed conducting pilot studies in various project towns, capturing information for replicable sanitation models, exploring possibility of engaging private service providers, developing conducive institutional framework and undertaking capacity building programmes.
We were assisting ADB in providing capacity building support for innovative sanitation solutions in Rajasthan. This programme was conceived to include a grant component contributed by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), channeled through the RUSDP’s existing framework to shed light on non-sewer areas, which lack a centralised sewerage system due to financial or technical unviability.
- Capacity building and efficient programme management implemented
- Urban governance improved
- Water supply system rehabilitated and expanded in five project cities
- Wastewater system rehabilitated and expanded in six project cities
- Urban institutions strengthened