Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Vice President IT
Type of Employment :
Full Time (
29 Feb, 2020
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development-consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 20 years, we have successfully implemented over 850 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 1100 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including ADB, USAID, DFID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar and Philippines. For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
VP-IT will be responsible for directing the planning, implementation and financial management of software products and enterprise wide IT infrastructure applications. The successful candidate will articulate a vision and lead the development and implementation of the system platforms that support the operations of IPE Global across geographies. VP-IT will challenge the status quo and implement platforms that will help the organization build its business and efficiently manage our assets. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating officer, the CTO will work with key leaders across the organization to ensure that our systems are efficient, reliable and secure. As a thought leader and visionary, the successful candidate will not only build relationships with senior leadership, but also inspire and motivate our team of high-performing and engaged employees. VP-IT will also collaborate with the business units across the company to support our project specific IT needs, project specific application/ solution development, integration efforts and security, in line with client requirements.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department, including developing a technology and product road map for the company.
- The candidate will be well versed with O365 platform including SharePoint and facilitate use of the different modules of the package across the organization
- Advise on design, implement and maintain systems to improve internal and external customer experience.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the department including directing teams who support maintenance, computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions.
- Oversee the technology infrastructure in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Coordinate & manage the company technology budget, approve purchases of technology products, and consistently evaluate opportunities to reduce operational costs. Proven capabilities in translating technology needs into budgetary requirements.
- Oversee Change Management to ensure orderly updates and implementation of new features.
- Identify, evaluate and report on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements, and supports the risk posture of the enterprise. Define policies, standards and processes to ensure that our practices address points of risk.
- Ensure the creation of information security and risk management awareness training programs for all employees, contractors, and approved system users.
Qualification & Experience:
Download Job Description
- Thought-leader and visionary who is well-versed on information technology trends and can apply new technology to solve business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related technology disciplines, and 15+ years of increasing responsibility at reputed organizations; Master's degree and additional specialized training such as an MBA is desirable.
- Committed and motivated individual who leads by example. Ability to manage multiple priorities and execute under tight timelines.
- Aptitude for establishing and maintaining effective and trustworthy relationships with internal business leaders. Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify, develop, implement, and support technology solutions for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have substantial leadership experience in formulating, planning, leading, directing and controlling complex, broad, and highly technical functions.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, methodologies, and resource management principles
- Wide range of technical understanding across IT disciplines
- Proven ability to conceptualize and execute deadline driven projects with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize multiple and competing projects
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a technology empowered business strategy
- Experience managing projects in a CMMI level 3 or higher organization.