Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Manager - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
Type of Employment :
Consultant ( Mid Level)
30 Sep, 2019
About IPE Global Limited:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Social & Economic Empowerment, Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Governance, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation, Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Grant and Fund Management and Information Technology & e-Governance.
We are an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 27001:2013 certified and CMMI® Level 3 company. Over the last 18 years, IPE Global has successfully implemented 750 projects in over 100 countries, across 5 major continents. IPE Global has 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe, in different locations. The group partners with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, The World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, ADB, etc., governments, the private sector, not-for-profit entities and philanthropic organisations like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), etc. in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth.
We draw our unparalleled management and consulting capabilities from our offices around the world. Each of our group company operates independently - Triple Line Consulting Limited (a UK based subsidiary), IPE Global (Africa) Limited (an Africa based subsidiary), Imperia Health Private Limited (a hospital management company) and IPE Global Centre for Knowledge and Development (a section 8 company focusing on research and development consultancy). For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com.
About Project RajPusht:
In view of high prevalence of maternal and child undernutrition, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), in collaboration with IPE Global Ltd., and Government of Rajasthan will implement a cash transfer program in two districts of Rajasthan on a pilot basis (the districts are yet to be finalized). Along with cash transfer on top of existing Take Home Ration (THR), and extensive social and behaviour change communication (SBCC), the program will encourage the pregnant women and lactating mothers to eat more of locally available nutritious foods during their pregnancy and lactation. The program will provide cash on top of THR for pregnant and lactating women to enable them buy nutritious foods for child’s healthy growth and development, and enhance dietary diversity for mothers and children through extensive SBCC.
The RajPusht project will not only demonstrate efficient cash transfers program to motivate mothers to use the cash for buying high quality food; but will also evaluate the efficacy of this intervention in improving maternal and child nutrition to guide the scale up within country and enrich global knowledge on cash transfers. The project has three components:
- Component 1: Design and implement the Cash transfers to pregnant and lactating women in three districts; establish a cash transfer prototype; and design, pilot and institutionalise a model of pay-for-performance for Front Line Workers.
- Component 2: Bolster behavior change communication to tackle malnutrition will be to ensure that mothers spend the cash on nutritious food and to address deep rooted gender norms (e.g. women and girls eating last). This will entail locally relevant, precise and targeted messages on what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat and on IYCF practices.
- Component 3: Evidence based advocacy and lesson learnt for scale-up by setting Rajasthan as a champion in using cash transfers as an instrument for accelerating reduction in maternal and child malnutrition.
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Manager - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) - Rajpusht.
As the Manager - MEL, s/he will primarily be responsible for designing and coordinating the overall monitoring, evaluation and learning framework for the project. S/he will be required to develop necessary tools, lead in survey design and collection of data, database management, data cleaning, data analysis, and prepare technical reports, policy and research papers, etc., and provide feedback and guidance on data collection and reporting to the donor, field team, etc.
- MEL Strategy and Implementation
In close collaboration with MEL Advisor – RajPusht, the MEL Manager would:
- Lead in the design and implementation of project’s overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategy and framework;
- Review all project components and design appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms; assess all reporting and performance frameworks for all key activities under each component of the project;
- Ensure that project M&E activities, frameworks, and key indicators are designed in line with the programme results logframe;
- Lead in survey research design, sampling framework, survey implementation and data collection activities, manage a team of field researchers, investigators, and ensure data quality at the field level.
- Develop procedures and systems for reporting to the donor on the progress of implementation; prepare monthly analytical progress reports based on field data and plot/chart progress of key project indicators for reporting.
- Design research and evaluation studies using appropriate methods for demonstrating the impact of the program and attribution of change to key project activities.
- Help setting up a system of appropriate reporting structure from the grassroots and coordinate with block and district level staff on data gathering, data quality control, and reporting.
- Conduct project evaluation and prepare strategic documents/ reports, manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals and disseminate the learning through appropriate forums.
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Help develop a technology-enabled project MIS; review the existing MIS for the availability and correctness of the required key performance indicators; and provide feedback.
- Capture, maintain and update accurate records/ project indicators on technology-enabled MIS at all levels; and
- Support the Project Director in performance-based reporting as per donor requirements.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, MEL Manager - RajPusht may be required to undertake other duties as determined by the RajPusht Project Director that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or other relevant disciplines; A PhD is preferred. In the absence of a PhD, a minimum of 8 years’ experience in M&E is required.
- About eight to 10 years of experience in an M&E role (five years with a PhD) including large-scale qualitative and quantitative data processing and management; and designing evaluation and research studies.
- Strong skills in statistical methods, sampling design and methodology, evaluation methods, causal analysis, and designing research studies,
- An expert level skill in STATA (non-negotiable), programming in STATA, data mining, running complex query and data analysis in STATA.
- Demonstrated experience of publication in peer reviewed journals as a first, or second author.
- Experience in large scale data collection, management and analysis in donor funded projects, preferably in health/nutrition/gender-related programmes;
- In-depth knowledge and proven expertise in developing M&E systems, methods & tools, knowledge products using high quality data analytics. Operational experience in health/nutrition sector highly preferred;
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition and rural development sectors and programmes.
- Experience of working on large scale cash transfer programmes or direct benefits transfer;
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates; and
Experience in implementing projects with components of Social and Behaviour Change Communication.Download Job Description