Having addressed all the major areas of development sector, IPE has ventured of late to offer its expertise and practice specialization to the education sector. We believe that education is the key to changing the fortune of a country, an economy or a group of people. Most developing countries face the scourge of illiteracy, unemployment and consequent low growth. If education at all levels can be ensured, a country will be able to gainfully utilize its human resources and turn a potential liability to an opportunity for achievement.
Although there have been some efforts at enhancing education services in developing countries, we feel that the sector is yet to receive its credit in terms of reforms and progress. Despite featuring as the Second MDG, most interventions in the education sector have been limited to funding schools, teachers and at most legislation. We feel that the good practices of other sectors need to be imbibed into the education sector. We believe that it is not merely technical competence which will determine the quality of services but the managerial efficiency of the system also counts. IPE is thus helping to enhance management systems, review and plan for better services in the education sector. Our projects in the sector are available here.
Some of the services which we can provide for the sector are:
- Education sector strategy and advice in revising course curriculum;
- Facility survey of education facilities in rural and urban areas of the country;
- Evaluation of Mid-Day Meal Schemes in various states and suggestions for improvement;
- Evaluation of the Pre-Primary School Education provided through Anganwadi centres in states to children;
- Monitoring and tracking school dropouts and working with the community and organisations to increase enrolment levels;
- Review of vocational training programmes including design of scholarship schemes, partnering with the private sector and education schemes for the vulnerable groups;
- Review government programmes for education such as Sarva Shiksha Abiyaan (SSA) in India;
We believe that over time, we will be able to make a significant impact in the lives of people by enhancing the capability of the service provider (government institution/agency) to provide well designed, efficiently delivered and demand led educational services to its children especially to the vulnerable groups.