Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
LaQshya Program Management Unit, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Mid Level)
25 Jul, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including ADB, USAID, DFID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
USAID VRIDDHI (Scaling up RMNCH+A Interventions Project) :
PROJECT: Health Systems Strengthening, Quality Improvement, and RMNCH+A Scale-Up (PROGRAM AREA #5: Scaling Up Interventions in Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child, and Adolescent Health).
While there have been several efforts to expand activities aimed at improving coverage of RMNCH+A services nationally and in the high burden states, the scale has not been enough to demonstrate impact in several priority areas. Accordingly, a credible plan to implement and scale up proven high-impact RMNCH+A interventions that have been tested and demonstrated globally/nationally to demonstrate improved health partnerships, to both create and strengthening platforms to work with the Government and the private sector - the two main providers of health services - to scale up proven RMNCH interventions is be required.
IPE Global is leading this high impact strategy for scaling up the RMNCH+A interventions in 8 states of India, namely, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Jharkhand, Odisha and Uttarakhand. Besides this, a national team is be engaged in providing technical assistance to the Government of India on health system strengthening and innovations for delivering results in RMNCH+A.
IPE Global, through its USAID – VRIDDHI (Scaling up RMNCH+A Interventions Project), provides an excellent opportunity for professional growth for medical professionals with an aptitude for applied public health. The project provides a unique opportunity to be part of a highly qualified team of public health experts working through a holistic continuum of care approach towards improving maternal and child health indicators in the country.
The Technical Officer at the LaQshya, Program Management Unit will work under the supervision of with Deputy Commissioner (I/C) Maternal Health at MoHFW and be responsible for supporting the roll out and implementation of the LaQshya initiative across the country. The Technical Officer will be responsible for collecting and collating information from all the states allocated to him/her, analyzing the information and provide report and support to MOHFW and states for appropriate actions as per the mandate. The specific activities would include but not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to Maternal Health Division in planning, roll out and implementation of the LaQshya initiative.
- Provide techno- managerial support in routine program monitoring, tracking and Quality Improvement as mandated by the Maternal Health (MH) division.
- Provide technical assistance and programmatic support to MoHFW and states for the implementation of standardization of labor rooms and quality assurance/improvement in MNH services as part of the LaQshya initiative.
- Assist Maternal Health division in conducting trainings and capacity building interventions as per programmatic needs of LaQshya
- Work with partners, and state government counterparts to develop, implement, monitor and report on program activities including work plans, budgets, activities, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks and reports for capacity building.
- Assist in development of documents, operational and technical guidelines
- Assist MH Division in analysis of various reports/studies/MIS Data/ Survey Reports and based on the output/analysis suggest actions to achieve LaQshya indicators in states.
- Assist in appraisal reports of state PIPs, prepare quarterly/monthly reports, monitoring of progress on LaQshya.
- Undertake program review and supportive supervision to assigned states as per the programmatic needs and as desired by MoHFW.
- To develop networking and collaborative relationships with various stakeholders viz government, private, academia, NGOs, etc. working in field of MNH
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor to achieve the organizational and project goals.
Essential: MBBS/MD (MCI/State Medical Council Registration a must), & Post-graduation degree in Community Medicine/Preventive & Social Medicine/Master of Public Health
More than 5 years of public health experience after post – graduation.
- Ability to adapt and work in different environments
- Past experience in strategy development and working at the national level
- Ability for effectively managing multi-tasking with Result Based Management approach
- Good analytical and planning skills
- Good presentation and inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of word, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent Communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Establishing good professional relationship with district and block teams, building partnerships in the district with all stakeholders including private sector
- Ability to travel for 50-60% time to states and districts in India
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.