Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Assistant Manager, Education and Skills Development
Type of Employment :
Regular ( Mid Level)
30 Jul, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e- Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
The Assistant Manager-Skills, a subject matter expert, with experience and expertise in multiple areas of the Skills Development. The incumbent will mainly be responsible to provide support for business development in the area of Skills Development. The role holder shall also be responsible for supporting the preparation of proposals and bids as may need to be submitted from time to time. Besides technical inputs, the incumbent will also support implementation of projects, including the project management. Role may involves extensive travel.
Key Performance Areas:
- Proactively engage in business development/promotion activities
- Bring forward, to senior leadership, ideas for new methodologies or value-added changes to existing practices
- Produce a pipeline of new products as required from time to time and modifications/improvements to existing practices
- Track and identify new business opportunities
- Assist in preparation of technical proposals
- Prepare strategies to approach to business opportunities and assist in completing the assignment in time-bound manner
- Document industry knowledge to ensure that projects reflect best current technical practices
- Provide project management/implementation support, as required
- Support delivery of existing projects
- Coordinate with the project team to develop innovative products within the area of expertise
- Support the Knowledge Management initiative by providing technical inputs, write ups, cases, etc.
- Work with other team members to achieve project deliverables
Qualification & Experience
- Postgraduate/M. Phil in relevant subject
- 5-7 years’ experience in the skills development sector, with a mix of consulting, implementation, teaching and research.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Strong understanding of Skills Policy and Schemes/Programmes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Capable of taking initiatives on their own with minimum level of supervision
- Excellent communication skills: able to clearly communicate complex information verbally and in writing
- Result oriented approach to work
- Open to working in multi-cultural environments and effectively in small and large teams
- Knowledge of designing and conducting skill gap assessments and tracer studies
- Monitoring and analyzing project performance through a range of measures, internal and external and communicating this back to the management
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.