Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Sr. Executive-Communication and Advocacy-USAID funded Urban Health Project
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Mid Level)
30 Jun, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Pvt. Ltd. is a leading development sector consulting firm offering end-to-end services in the areas of Health Systems Strengthening, Education and Skill Development, Social Development, Livelihoods Generation, Urban and Infrastructure Development, PPP, Economics and Public Finance, Democratic Governance, Agriculture Management, and Climate Change, among others.
IPE Global Private Limited is an ISO 9001:2015 certified development sector consultancy organization, promoted by established practitioners and sector experts. Over the last sixteen years, IPE Global has successfully implemented over 700 projects in more than 100 countries. We are a multi-disciplinary group company offering a range of integrated, innovative and high quality services across several sectors and practices. The group is headquartered in New Delhi, India with four international offices in United Kingdom, Kenya, Ethiopia and Bangladesh. We have 700 full time professional staff and also over 1000 empanelled consultants. We partner with multilateral, bilateral, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth. The organization has multi-disciplinary team of professionals, bringing together the right skills and technical expertise for enriching lives in poor and developing countries. Our experts work closely with programme stakeholders and clients to co-design solutions for complex socioeconomic issues. We strive to create enabling environment for path breaking social and policy reforms that contribute to sustainable development. For more details, please visitwww.ipeglobal.com
USAID funded Urban Health Project:
IPE Global has won a five year USAID contract that focuses on Ending Preventable Maternal and Child Deaths among India’s Urban Poor. The goal of the current intervention is to facilitate Inclusive Business Models (IBMs) for addressing primary health care needs of urban poor. Thereby, reducing preventable morbidity and mortality among women and children in urban areas through improved access to affordable, quality RMNCH+A services and better health seeking behaviour. The intended intervention outcomes are:
- Increased access to affordable quality primary health care ensured for 10 million urban poor
- Out of Pocket (OOP) Expenditure for urban poor for primary health care reduced by 30% in intervention areas
The program team proposes to achieve the above mentioned objectives by -
- Providing Catalytic Support to IBMs for delivering affordable and quality primary health care at scale with a coverage of 10 million urban poor
- Setting up Impact Investment Funds on returnable capital model to support scale-up by IBMs in the urban health care space (explore potential use of CSR funding)
- Develop and support adoption of innovative and sustainable demand side financing models (pre-pay, community insurance, deferred payments, etc.) so that there is capacity to pay from the user groups, especially the poor
- Improve awareness and health seeking behaviour of urban poor through use of technology aimed at increasing utilization of preventive health interventions.
- Explore potential uses of eHealth to ensure affordable and quality services.
- Work with national, state and local governments for better regulatory regime focused on improving the enabling environment and ease of doing business for IBMs
While the program would look to work with the urban poor in four states of India – Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Delhi, other high burden MNH states could also be considered. Overall, the intervention design will aim to have 10,000,000 (Ten Million) direct beneficiaries during the (next 4-5 years) program period through scale up of existing IBM models.
The communication and advocacy officer will be responsible for identification, designing and implementation of communication and advocacy strategies. S/he will lead the formulation of coherent short-and long-term information, communication and advocacy plans and strategies to achieve the program objectives. S/he will be responsible for developing the communications and advocacy budgets, and critically evaluate the communications and advocacy efforts.
- Foster and facilitate relationships with a broad range of partners through the development of networks, to ensure that advocacy messages and communications campaigns are disseminated in an effective manner.
- Identify and secure key constituents to develop joint advocacy promotions that increases the awareness of program objectives and goals. Also highlight health and related issues with the urban poor.
- Initiate and maintain collaboration and follow-up of initiatives with key program stakeholders and partners.
- Implementation of the project publications policy; provides inputs, content development, coordination of production and dissemination of press releases, publications, articles and sharing of project knowledge and successes.
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences.
- Bolster program advocacy drives to facilitate and accelerate resource mobilization to effectively support the achievement of program and IBMs goals
Communication and media management
- Manage all corporate communications, brand equity, press and public relations on all media platforms including website content, electronic direct mailers, social networking sites and other digital media platforms.
- Coordinate the production publication of monthly newsletter, monthly report, annual report and posting of weblogs.
- Provide inputs and information for elaboration of project communication strategy based on the corporate communications strategy
- Monitor media in order to alert the program director concerning emerging issues of relevance to the program team and or related to its mandate.
- Analyze media coverage using available systems.
Public relations and event management
- Organize internal and external networks or communities of practice covering prominent experts in government, non-government, think tanks, private companies and international development organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase and improve public outreach.
- Propose milestones for events, campaigns, messages and position statements that effectively convey issues to key target audiences - worldwide, at country and community levels, to showcase program work.
- Provide authoritative advice to the program director and other staff on information needs and issues, relations with the media, to ensure that the program objectives and approach are communicated/reach key audiences, existing and potential donors
- Write and edit campaign documents, advising on language and content, how best to handle issues related with the urban poor.
- Prepare promotional material on the project, including pamphlets, videos, etc.
- Researches and prepares list of contacts in the media, government, private sector, donors, other agencies, for the program’s advocacy efforts.
- Organizing stakeholder workshops and training of key players’ for common communication of the program objectives, rationale and goals.
- Develop action plans based on the strategy and strategy implementation plan.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the plans, monitors the same with a constructive feedback to functional heads in the projects, partners and IBMs.
- Be responsible for utilization of communication aids, tools at field level, monitor the impact level and design the changes as per progress of the project implementation.
- Identify, suggest and assist to implement local level community events among various targets groups
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to colleagues in identification, documenting and drafting of best practices and lessons learned.
- Lead the process of developing production of knowledge-based products for dissemination.
- Undertake and facilitate necessary actions to leverage relevant information
- Provide support to organization of workshops, seminars, training and delivery of outputs (products).
- Post-graduate qualification in development communication / journalism or any other related subject from an esteemed institution.
- 7+ year of experience in development communication specifically health sector and initiatives and organizing specific campaigns for BCC, outreach, social mobilization, etc.
- S/he have the experience of developing tools and approaches in different cultural settings and designing linguistically appropriate interventions.
- Previous experience working with international organizations required and history with USAID funded initiatives desirable.
- Advocacy/Advancing a Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description