Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Manager - Urban & Infrastructure Development
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Type of Employment :
Full Time ( Senior Level)
28 Feb, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is a leading international development sector consulting firm offering services in Public Finance Management, Governance, M & E, Health, Education, WASH, Social and Economic Empowerment, Urban & Infrastructure Development, Private Sector Development, Grant & Fund Management and Environment and Climate Change areas.
IPE Global Limited:
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff working on various projects across Asia and Africa.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including ADB, USAID, DFID, World Bank, UN Agencies, EU, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisations.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines. For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
IPE Global started its operations in Africa in 2011 and is looking for a highly motivated business and technical leader to build our business.
Job Description :
IPE Global seeks an experienced professional to serve as a Senior Urban Development Specialist working out of IPE Global’s Ethiopia Office. She/he will have overall responsibility for technically leading on business development and supervising the implementation of IPE Global urban related projects in Ethiopia. He/she will work with the leadership team to prepare annual business plans, budgets and build the business.
- Drive IPE Global’s urban development, infrastructure and resilience project portfolio in Ethiopia.
- Provide technical leadership in the priority focus areas of IPE’s growth, infrastructure and cities Africa practice; scope of work to include: political economy analysis, strategic and urban planning, urban economic development, infrastructure, service delivery and PPP / investment advisory.
- Lead / implement projects won by IPE Global within the growth, infrastructure and cities practice area either as Team Leader or as a technical specialist advisor.
- Lead/support in preparing technical proposals.
- Coordinate with IPE Global Teams based out of different offices.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ethiopian National
- Masters’ degree or equivalent level of academic and professional experience in urban planning, economics, finance, infrastructure and service delivery.
- Minimum of 10 years of previous experience in the urban sector, with Ethiopian or other relevant experience.
- Experience of working with bilateral and multilateral donors preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and Social Media web platforms
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent client management and coordination skills including demonstrated experience of successfully undertaking client negotiations
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description