Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Programme Manager- BMGF funded Nutrition Project
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Mid Level)
28 Feb, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
About The BMGF Project:
The BMGF supported Nutrition project will work in collaboration with three donors in three states. The project which will be implemented from 2017-2020, and focus on strengthening three platform, Health in Jharkhand, ICDS in Rajasthan and OLM in Odisha to achieve nutrition outcomes. The learnings from these experiences will be shared regularly on a national platform that will bring together key development partners and Govt stakeholders.
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of State Program Manager, Jharkhand (Scale Up Nutrition Innovation).
S/he will provide operational leadership in managing and delivering project outcomes in Jharkhand in relation to Maternal Nutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) within RMNCH+A program. This will involve maintaining relationships with key Govt. officials in the Health Dept. of the State, Districts and other Departments, Academic and Research institution, Professional Bodies and Development Partners as required.
- Work closely with State NHM and specially with the Maternal and Child Health nodal officers, consultants on implementation of the evidence-based nutrition intervention in the state.
- Review and use of guidelines, policies, data, evidences, training modules, communication materials, supervision checklist, monitoring tools for nutrition programing within RMNCH+A program.
- Participate in review meetings at NHM, discuss progress, gaps, scopes of improvements, to strengthen nutrition intervention in RMNCH+A.
- Coordinate meetings, follow-ups etc. with NHM and stakeholders for developing the state action plan for nutrition program within RMNCH+A.
- Roll out of the action plan in specific districts, set up review mechanism and conduct supervision and monitoring of the implementation.
- Ensure the quality of implementation and monitoring of activities within the M&E framework, on given time and budget.
- Coordinate with NHM and facilitate the process for including nutrition related activities and fund in the state PIP.
- Participate in the review meetings of the health department in the state and districts, present data, field findings etc. related to nutrition intervention.
- Coordinate the process of approvals, letters, GOs etc. from the health department for smooth implementation of nutrition intervention within RMNCH+A.
- Provide program and operational support to the state and district SUNI team for quality implementation of the pilot.
- Introduce supportive supervision checklist, training modules, communication materials on nutrition in the pilot districts and share learning and challenges to fine-tune the processes, tools and materials.
- Supervision and coordination of the district SUNI team and ensure quality implementation, monitoring and review of the project.
- Scaling up of the processes and tools to strengthening nutrition intervention in the state.
- Provide data, pictures, case studies etc. for preparation of the monthly progress report of the project.
- Document lessons learned and best practices from the project.
- Maintain strategic relationship with government, development partners, programs etc.
- Maintain effective communication with the project team members and the Delhi office.
- Any other activities as par the requirement of the project and donor.
Qualification & Experience
- Master’s in Public Health/ Nutrition, Masters in Social Science from a recognized university with minimum 8-10 years of experience in managing large projects/programmes. Preferably worked extensively in the field of Maternal Nutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition and RMNCH+A
- Experience in working with Government in strengthening Maternal Nutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition in RMNCH+A platforms.
- In-depth understanding of the RMNCH+A, Maternal Nutrition, Infant and Young Child Nutrition indicators, WHO recommendations and guidelines, national level survey data and GoI guidelines.
- Exceptional results orientation combined with strong relationship management skills. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with government counterparts, implementation partners, as well as, with development agencies;
- Demonstrated experience building and leading strategic partnerships with key stakeholders from diverse sectors including NGOs, government and the private sector;
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel and Power Point, etc.;
Contract Type and Period
This will be a fixed term contract. The contract will be initially for a period of one year, extendable thereafter, based on performance, for a likely period of 3 years. IPE Global is a fast growing organization with a large portfolio of programmes in India/South-East Asia and Africa and there could be opportunity for long term association for exceptionally good candidates on mutually agreed terms.
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification & experience and last salary drawn.Download Job Description