Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Communication Specialist under PMC for Smart City Projects of Tumakuru.
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Senior Level)
15 Oct, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certifiedcompany.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
This Communication Specialist appointment will be under Project Management Consultant (PMC) to projects in Tumakuru Smart City. Must possess post-qualification experience in supporting development of communication ideas, vehicles and mechanisms to showcase results/outcomes from the implementation of project Work with the Knowledge Learning and Communications etc.
Experience in smart cities is desirable.
Project Duration: 5years.
This communication specialist will be responsible for coordinating with team, key stakeholders, and partners to develop, publish, and disseminate knowledge and learning experiences using various communications technologies and mediums for implementation of smart city projects. In addition, the specialist shall be responsible for day to day performance of project. Other scope of work includes:
- Support the design, creation and implementation of a strategic communications plan
- Develop a framework model for an effective communication with special focus on stakeholders and general public.
- Formulate action plan for both branding and marking, which will be carried over and continued in the remaining years of the project.
- Provide technical assistance in better focusing the target audience for selected smart city projects.
- Community Relationship building and information sharing models and tools.
- Develop branding and marketing strategy models for implementation of smart city projects.
- Organize media and video coverage and design of promotional materials for events, meetings.
- Manage the social media handles and pages of the smart city.
- Workshops like invitations, fliers, banners, pull-ups, brochures, agendas, press releases, fact sheets etc.
- Develop project marketing materials such as newsletters, fact sheets, fliers, brochures, success stories, presentations and audio/visual promotional material, in collaboration with PMC team, client and stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience
Relevant Qualification: Must possess Masters in Mass Communication.
- Min 10 years experience in mass communications domain.
- Experience in management of multimedia and activities pertaining to social media.
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Prior experience in consulting domain.
* Additional relevant qualification or certification or membership will be an added advantage.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description