Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Affordable Housing Expert
Kochi , Kerela
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Senior Level)
12 Jun, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
This Affordable Housing Expert appointment will be under Project Management Consultant (PMC) to Implement Area Based Development in Smart City Kochi. Must possess post-qualification experience in the areas of housing and community development programs and create action plan for implementation of target affordable housing model under Kochi Smart city projects.
Desirable: Experience in smart cities is desirable.
Project Duration: 3 years.
Scope of work: This expert shall be responsible for the developing housing projects and project formulations and provide technical expertise to the client and other stakeholders. In addition, the expert shall be responsible for day to day performance of project. Other scope of work includes:
- Affordable Houding Projects Conceptualization: Evaluation of suitability, availability and development capacity of developable sites, including appropriate zoning for special needs housing
- Quantify the number of low- and moderate-income households that will be generated by new residential and commercial development (Market Analysis and Modeling)
- Determine needed programs and agencies responsible for: constructing new and improving existing housing stock, promoting access to affordable housing, and increasing capacity of residents to lower housing cost burden, build long term equity,stabilize housing situations
- Identification of cost effective construction techonologies under smart city projects.
- Preparation of Slum improvement plans under affordable housing.
- Prepare finance models for housing projects and slum improvement plans.
Qualification & Experience
Relevant Qualification: Must possess Masters in Masters in Urban Planning/Housing
- 10 years experience in Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Experience in affordable housing, low cost housing and cost effective construction technology, slum improvement plan preparation
- Knowledge of housing finance etc
* Additional relevant qualification or certification or membership will be an added advantage.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description