Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Consultant - Communication
Type of Employment :
Consultant ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Dec, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
About IPE & Programme Description
About the organization
IPE Global Ltd is a multi-sectoral International Development consultancy with experience in providing program management and technical advisory services in Public Health, Public Financial Management, Governance and Democracy, Urban and Social Development, Public Policy, Education, and Public Sector Reforms. IPE Global has successfully undertaken over 350 challenging assignments working with more than 500 government and non-government organizations. With over 15 years’ of experience in development sector, IPE Global have provided consultancy services to The World Bank, ADB, UNICEF, DFID, USAID, JBIC, European Commission, UNDP, ACBF, JICA and UNWOMEN among others. For more details, please log on to our website www.ipeglobal.com.
Project Name: Vriddhi: Scaling up RMNCH+A Interventions
Program Area 5: Scaling Up Interventions in Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health
The purpose of this assignment is to support the Government of India’s RMNCH+A Strategy especially in 30 HPDs of the 6 states where USAID is the Lead Development Partner. It requires provision of techno-managerial support at national, state and district level to develop capacity enabling implementation agencies to identify and scale up effective RMNCH+A interventions for improved reproductive, maternal and child health outcomes. The overall purpose of the assignment is to increase the off-take of RMNCH+A services in the 6 states viz.Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi.
The technical assistance for the project is provided by a Project Technical Support Unit (PTSU) at National level and State RMNCHA units (SRUs) in the respective states.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultancy with “Vriddhi: Scaling up RMNCH+A Intervention” project will be for upto 20 days a month based out of the Vriddhi national team office in Delhi. S/he will work closely with the Project Director and the knowledge management team to support the development of Vriddhi communication and knowledge management products. S/he will:
- Support and oversee the development of the Vriddhi communication materials and products.
- Liaise with the Communication and documentation agency hired by Vriddhi to ensure timely delivery of communication products as per agreement with the agency.
- Support in managing the communication plan, regular tracking of committed activities, highlighting bottlenecks and delays and coordinating with field teams to ensure smooth flow of information at all levels.
- Support national thematic leads to develop the raw content for development into communication products.
- S/he will coordinate weekly meetings of the Vriddhi core communication team, develop the agenda, record minutes and follow up on decisions to ensure timely completion and a high quality of the Vriddhi products.
- Ensure well maintained and continually updates lists of stakeholders - individuals, groups, organizations and forums whose support is essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives.
- Ensure well maintained and continually updated lists of key donor individuals,journalists and media persons and stay in regular touch with them to communicate VRIDDHI story to wider audiences.
Qualification & Experience and Skills Requirements
Graduate or Post Graduate diploma in mass communications, health communication or related subjects from a reputed institute with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in health communication, advocacy, media work, and policy development in the realm of public health.
- Ability to organize events such as meetings, conferences and workshop.
- Knowledge of communication Planning and Design, Social Media, Media planning across the spectrum of media.
- Experience in managing communication product development and vendors.
- Proven ability to build relationships as a good team player.
- Sound understanding of health systems, community participation, gender and equity challenges in Health programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills both in Hindi and English.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within the country particularly the six priority states.
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Adept at the use of office communication tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in desktop publishing.
- Experience with applications and innovations in Digital Media.
IPE Global is an employee owned company with best in the industry compensation packages.Download Job Description