Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Senior Copy Editor
Type of Employment :
Core ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
31 Jan, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
Quality Assurance Division:
IPE Global has established a Quality Management System to assure that it meets client requirements as well as appropriate technical and procedural standards for all the work conducted. Quality Assurance division is the backbone of the group, supporting the group’s efforts in expanding its footprints by providing the operational support to respective departments, thus ensuring that our products reflect the quality of expertise we claim to deliver.
Quality Assurance (QA) division is responsible for QA review (technical & editorial) of the work products (business proposals, project reports, website content, other documents for external audience, etc.) prior to their submissions, development and finalisation of Corporate and project-specific policies & SOPs, ensuring the implementation of up-to-date quality management system (ISO 9001), development and maintenance of online repository system.
Position Summary – Sr. Copy Editor
IPE Global is seeking a Sr. Copy Editor to further strengthen Quality Assurance of business proposals, marketing and project deliverables.
Will be responsible for an initial round of proofreading to ensure that written text is concise,consistent and both grammatically & factually correct. To ensure that each sentence is easy to read and that concepts expressed are in a logical, sequential manner. The position typically involves working closely with business development managers and project managers; on business proposals under different sectors and project deliverables. The job frequently requires working under intense deadline pressure without compromising standards.
Sr. Copy editor will be required to scrupulously adhere to in-house style guidelines that include IPE Global’s preferred usage and writing styles.
Key Result Areas
Should have a love and feel of language. Sr. Copy Editor will:
- Proofreading project reports, business proposals and other documents to ensure that the final document is consistent and error free;
- Checking text to ensure it is well written, logically structured and in the right style for the intended client/ sector requirements;
- Ensuring the language used reflects the clarity of thought and conveys the intent in clear terms;
- Maintaining the quality and consistency of the reports according to IPE Global style manual/ client specific guidelines;
- Coordinating with respective sector lead/ author to implement changes or fixes in languages, extensive revision of text, etc.;
- Being alert to any potential legal problems in the text, such as libelous statements or breach of copyright, and discussing them with the Sector Lead/ Author;
- Working with subject matter experts to identify places where other material can be used to enhance content;
- Providing feedback to the team and other departments, for improvement;
- Staying updated on changing requests and ensuring the timely delivery.
Qualification & Experience
- A post graduate in English or Social Sciences with robust writing skills;
- 4-5 years’ experience in Copy Editing preferably with Development Sector Organisation;
- Excellent written English including good spelling and grammar;
- Excellent levels of concentration, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain high quality work, while meeting tight deadlines;
- Self-starter, should be able to work independently, with limited supervision.