Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Expert
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Dec, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
About the RajPusht Project:
Government of India through its flagship programme, Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) has attempted to solve the problems of maternal and child malnutrition. The Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) has been largely unsuccessful in reducing malnutrition and this is recognised across the national and state Governments. Specifically its Take-Home Rations (THR) provided to 130 million beneficiaries is acknowledged by the government as being ineffective.
To address the challenges of ICDS, Government of Rajasthan (GoR) and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), UK have undertaken a joint initiative - Project RajPusht. This is a 5 year program which aims to radically simplify and reform the ICDS to make it functional and effective in addressing maternal and child malnutrition. This will be achieved by replacing THR with cash transfers, which is a more effective way to achieve better maternal and child nutrition outcomes. Behavioural Change Communication (BCC) will also be undertaken to bring a positive change in knowledge, attitudes and practices around consumption of nutrient dense food by Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) and children <3 years. Creating a multi-stakeholder consensus on cash transfers as a better way to deal with malnutrition will also be undertaken.The program will also evaluate the efficacy of this integrated intervention in improving maternal and child nutrition to guide the scale up within country and enrich global knowledge on cash transfers. This investment will focus on 2 high-burden districts (Baran and Udaipur),demonstrating the model before scale-up.
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of MEL Expert - Rajpusht.
As MEL Expert – RajPusht, s/he will primarily be responsible for designing and coordinating the overall monitoring, evaluation and learning framework for the project. S/he will be required to develop necessary tools, collect data, data clarification and cleaning, data analysis, and prepare technical reports, provide feedback and guidance on data collection & reporting to the grantees, field team, etc.
MEL Strategy and Implementation
- Prepare and finalise the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategy.
- Review all project components and design appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and reporting requirements for all key activities in each component.
- Ensure that project M&E activities are designed in line with the programme results logframe.
- Establish baselines and counterfactuals for measurement purposes during the initial phase of the programme.
- Develop procedures and systems for reporting to grantees' on the progress of implementation and undertake other key external engagement activities.
- Provide technical inputs on designing research studies.
- Set up a system and coordinate reporting requirements; and
- Conduct project evaluation and prepare strategic documents / reports and disseminate the learning through appropriate forums.
Management Information System (MIS)
- Review the existing MIS for the availability and correctness of the required key development indicators.
- Maintain and update accurate records/ project indicators on MIS at all levels; and
- Support Team Leader in performance based reporting as per donor requirements.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, MEL Expert - RajPusht may be required to undertake other duties as determined by Team Leader that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or other relevant disciplines;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an M&E role including qualitative and quantitative data processing.
- Experience in large scale data collection, management and analysis in donor funded projects, preferably in health/nutrition/gender-related programmes.
- In-depth knowledge and proven expertise in developing M&E systems, methods & tools, knowledge products and policy influencing using high quality data analytics.Operational experience in health/nutrition sector highly preferred;.
- Outstanding knowledge of SPSS / any other statistical software.
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail; and.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition and rural development sectors and programmes.
- Experience of working on large scale cash transfer programmes or direct benefits transfer.
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates;
- Experience in implementing projects with components of Social and Behaviour Change.
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification & experience and last salary drawn.Download Job Description