Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Director- Centre for Knowledge and Development
Type of Employment :
Permanent ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
30 Aug, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified and CMMI® Level 3 company. Over the last 17 years, IPE Global has successfully implemented over 800 projects in over 100 countries, across 5 major continents. IPE Global has 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe, in different locations. The group partners with multilateral & bilateral agencies, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
IPE with its expansive work for over 17 years, has undertaken more than 700 projects in the field of international development. The tacit and experiential knowledge from these projects,will be disseminated through various platforms such as documentation, events, advisory notes and publications undertaken by IPE- CKD.
By creating a repository of good practices and successful initiatives that have created a lasting impact, at IPE-CKD we hope to shorten the learning curve and enable cross fertilization of knowledge among various organizations across the world.
- Conceptualize and develop a knowledge framework for IPE.
- Direct and implement IPE’s research and development policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Enhance IPE’s competitive positioning through research and development.
- Develop IPE’s substantial networks, and include a significant communications role online and through other electronic media, as well as through publications,presentations and participation in IPE's own and external events, to help cement IPE’s reputation as a leading knowledge firm.
- Set the agenda and strategy for building and growing the IPE Knowledge hub in terms of target offerings, clients and go-to market strategy. Drive growth and expansion keeping a view on key prospective partnerships or alliances both at domestic and international levels to aid strong impact, reach, visibility and resource support.Nurture these institutional relationships and tie-ups at a regional, national and international levels and also across communities of practices.
- Hire and nurture a high performance team in the identified domains for the hub.Ensure strong execution capability across practices clearly laying out performance expectations, role clarity and anticipate current and future competencies from a talent perspective. Nurture a strong corporate culture to inspire core values of the organization to include respect for individuals, an open mindset, fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunity and diversity in employment.
- Build depth and width across the above identified service lines by incorporating various customized initiatives for each one. Some of these could include documenting, disseminating and encouraging dialogue on various development issues in the sector amongst states, countries, academia, practitioners and beneficiaries.
- Building and delivering modern, interesting and skill based capacity development programme to senior and mid-level managers in public administration and reform in the regions. Involving international experts to help develop national and state level policy development and reforms, also encourage innovation and ideas in the domain.
- Develop approaches and opportunities to help corporates invest their funds in creation of effective social capital. Also create market products based on ICT solutions amongst many other initiatives
- Develop and define the business requirements for the acquisition, implementation and use of new or adopted KM related tools and processes.
- Continuously benchmark KM activities against external methods, tools and processes,sharing best practices and identifying new activities
- Participate in external- national and international workshops concerned with knowledge hub.
- Align new ideas with the business needs of the firm, act as an Advisor, driving innovation that is aligned to IPE’s strategic plan.
Qualification & Experience
- PhD/ Masters in Development Studies, International Development, Development Management or related areas. Professional Certification in Knowledge Management will be preferred..
- Extensive experience of at least 10 years in setting up and managing a knowledge center for a consultancy/research firm.
- Excellent understanding of knowledge management principles, tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, aligning culturally with the organization and building trust and buy-in across peer group, leadership, subordinates, client and engagement communities. Communicate vision and articulate the most complex ideas and action plans in a clear, simple and compelling manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic and printed reference materials.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data.
- Impressive intellectual capabilities, self-starter, a calculated risk taker and entrepreneur, with commitment to high standards of personal and professional.
- Preferred but not necessary experience of networking with development partners like funding agencies, NGOs, academic institutions, sector experts, other external stakeholders and private sector. Additionally international experience of working in both Asian and African context and fund raising for research projects/management of grants will be an advantage.