Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Research Associate (Consultant)
Type of Employment :
Full Time ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
15 Jul, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development,Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e- Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
About the Project
PROJECT: USAID-VRIDDHI (Scaling Up Interventions in Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A)) (PROGRAM AREA #5: Scaling Up Interventions in Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child, and Adolescent Health).
Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A), embedded within the National Health Mission, is a strategy that embodies the Government of India vision for comprehensive and integrated health services for adolescents, mothers and children. The strategic approach includes interventions shown to have high impact for reducing mortality and improving survival. The RMNCH+A strategy aims to establish the ‘continuum of care’ which includes integrated service delivery in various life stages:adolescence, pre-pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal period, childhood and through reproductive age, as well as envisages availability of services at all levels: in homes and communities, through outpatient services and hospitals with ‘inpatient’ facilities.Reiterating the need to focus on most vulnerable and underserved sections of the population the GoI has identified 184 high priority districts (HPDs) for special interventions. USAID is the lead partner in 6 states Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh,Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Delhi and the 30 High Priority Districts (HPDs) therein.
VRIDDHI is a four year project, a cooperative agreement between USAID and IPE Global,to provide technical and managerial support to the Government of India and to the 6 USAID priority states and 30 HPDs. At the national level a National Technical Support Unit (NTSU) leads the technical support to MoHFW for scaling up RMNCH+A while at the state level the technical support unit is called State RMNCH+A Unit (SRU) and the technical support to districts is led by a District Technical Officer (DTO).
The overarching goal of the project is to reduce preventable maternal, neonatal, and child deaths in the HPDs in the six project states by increasing the uptake of critical and important RMNCH+A services. Four strategic outputs as follows guide the project activities and are planned in a manner that supports achievement of the project goal.
- Availability and quality of RMNCH+A services improved in government health facilities.
- Evidence for scale up of RMNCH+A services strengthened.
- RMNCH+A good practices incubated for scale up.
- Multiple stakeholders involved in delivery of RMNCH+A services.
Roles and responsibilities
The consultant is expected to contribute for development of scientific literature/documents and participate in research activities based on the project interventions. The key deliverables includes:
- Literature review around project interventions and contribution to writing case studies, commentaries or other type of articles for peer reviewed journals.
- Drafting research papers for peer reviewed journals, scientific communities and blogs for formal and informal publications.
- Conduct data analysis and synthesize reports based on data analysis for further use in scientific literature.
- Participate in data collection process based in quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Contribute to development of research designs, tools and methods.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in public health, communications, social science, or other related area.
- Minimum three years of experience in public health research related work/projects.
- Track record of contributing to writings in scientific journals.
- Knowledge of publication process in peer reviewed journals.
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Strong analytic and interpretive skills.
- Good command of computer skills (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).