Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Type of Employment :
Full Time ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Apr, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
Skill Set and JD
Key Purpose of the Job (Position Summary):
Education is an emerging focus area for IPE Global. We're looking to expand our presence in the sector in the coming few years, and build on our recent path breaking work in the sector.A representative sample of the work we were involved with: implemented one of the biggest conditional cash transfer schemes in India for school children and providing state wide remedial education, supporting the Government in implementing the Rashtriya Madhyamika Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), and contributing to the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) survey in India. We're excited about upcoming opportunities in the sector and looking to engage a specialist with the right experience and bent of mind to join us.
This position provides leadership to the emerging Education sector at IPE Global. The role is envisaged to cover the following areas:
- Take overall Education ( and Skill Development) practice responsibility including organizational positioning, outreach and marketing, interaction with client, oversight of day to day operations, bidding and delivery
- Develop and manage a team of 8-10 programme member team in this sector
- Develop network and relationships with other consultancy firms, institutions and individuals.
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects to existing software
Strategy development, Communications and Management:
- Contribute to strategy development and corporate management of the Education portfolio
- Developing and executing sector growth strategy for the company
- Build institutional relations and brand of the company in the Education sector.
- Communicate and demonstrate successes and learning experiences in the sector, and document and disseminate results in Education
Technical and Managerial:
- Provide timely, high quality advice for ongoing projects, at all stages of the project cycle, including policy and programme design, development, implementation, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation
- Analyse and scan education trends in India and internationally, with a view to informing our programming in the Education vertical and to seize the opportunities
- Build up a network of contacts and partnerships in the Education sector with relevant members of the government, civil society organisations, academia, private sector and donor agencies
Post-graduate degree in Education or Social Science discipline such as Economics,Sociology, Social Policy, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience of working as an education specialist in India,or a developing or transition country.
- Experience of managing significant size donor funded programmes or state level projects, preferably in education reform.
- Demonstrable experience in programme management, project delivery, quality assurance, supervising teams, managing budgets and multiple workplans, report writing, etc. in the Education sector
- Technical knowledge of core education agendas, in particular: school education,systems and delivery, secondary education, vocational education & skill development,exclusion, gender issues, learning outcome assessment, teacher education, education management and accountability, civil society and community participation
- Experience of working in collaboration with Indian government (at the Centre/state level) in the implementation of education programmes
- Familiarity with the general Business Development Cycle both for international agencies as well as government clients
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Networking capabilities in the Education sector
- International experience preferred.