Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Project Officer-\"Development Support Services for States (DSSS)-NITI Aayog
Type of Employment :
contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
30 Jun, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
NITI Aayog is the premier policy think tank of the Government of India. One of the stated functions of the organization is "To foster cooperative federalism through structured support initiatives and mechanisms with the States on a continuous basis, recognizing that strong States make a strong nation". It is also committed to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In this context, the NITI Aayog would like to put in place a structured program for "Development Support Services for States - DSSS", with a vision to drive outcomes in Health. The program aims to transform delivery of services in the sector and is looking to provide strong implementation support to potential states that other states can learn from/ emulate.
NITI Aayog has identified Mckinsy~IPE Global combination to support in implementing the "Development Support Services for States (DSSS) for health. The project officer will be responsible for:
Support in finalizing work plan for the DSSS
Support in preparing marketing collateral on NITI Aayog's Development support services initiative to solicit interest from states.
Support in developing state-specific outreach – including high-level vision and intent of the development support services initiative, articulating value proposition to states through this IPE Global Limited programme and benefits of implementing a structured centre-state collaborative approach for public healthcare sector.
Support in shortlisting upto 3 states for priority implementation through subsequent phases of this assignment. This activity would include assistance in following activities:
Formulating and finalizing shortlisting criteria/framework for states:
This may include factors such as current context of healthcare in the state; achievements and issues, potential aspirations for transforming the sector, political and bureaucratic buy-ins on this initiative etc.
Researching and analysing sector related information from states as per the evaluation requirements; State dossiers.
State presentations: templates, logistics, evaluation templates, develop cheat sheet of questions, state visit checklists, state visits reports,
- Assistance in various activities leading to buy-in on the engagement model with relevant stakeholders: such activities may involve assistance in preparing presentations, concept notes, attending meetings etc.
- Masters or higher degree in areas of Business Administration, public health and other related fields.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in research, health system strengthening, program management in health sector.
- Experience in working with Government and good understanding of government administrative procedures.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Excellent Client management and coordination skills including demonstrated experience of successfully undertaking client negotiations
- Good presentation skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent in excel and knowledge of other research / analytical tools
- Being pro-active and ability to work with minimum level of supervision
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic teams.
- Fluency in English and ability to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.