Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Senior Expert - Urban Primary Healthcare Networks
Type of Employment :
Full Time ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
30 Jun, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
Urban Health Project
IPE Global has signed a 5 year Cooperative Agreement with USAID that aims to reduce preventable morbidity and mortality among women and children in urban areas by increasing access to and utilization of high quality primary healthcare services with a special focus on MNCH, FP & TB services by leveraging the Inclusive Business Models (IBMs) and Primary Healthcare Networks. With this strategic framework the program aims that 10 million urban poor will have access to quality primary healthcare services resulting in a reduction in the Out of Pocket (OOP) Expenditure. The Project will be covering urban communities in Rajasthan, Odisha, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh and will scout for potential partnerships and expansion in other high focus states for USAID. Key Strategic Interventions areas will:-
- Providing techno-managerial, financial capacity and ecosystem platform building for IBMs to institutionalize systems to offer high quality, affordable primary and secondary care with special focus on MNCH, FP and TB services and scale up.
- Scale up of need-based innovations, products leveraging technology to improve point of care (PoC) delivery in the community directly or through IBMs leading to increased adoption of preventive behavior among the urban poor.
- Develop and roll out innovative demand side financing mechanisms that will increase ability of the urban poor to access quality healthcare.
- Adapt and roll out demand generation and behaviour change communication (BCC) campaigns to increase awareness and adoption of health seeking behaviour among the urban poor.
- Policy Advocacy with national and state governments, development agencies to facilitate public and private sector linkages.
- Develop a robust learning platform comprising IBMs, healthcare innovators, government policy makers, think tanks to accelerate scale up of the model.
Senior Expert – Urban Primary Healthcare Networks will be responsible to spearhead the development and scale up of the Project Primary Healthcare Networks, which will include already identified Project Networks and also new potential networks which will be identified through the life of the Project. The Position will be accountable for the efficient and high quality execution and delivery of the Techno-Managerial Assistance through various contractual mechanisms with the identified Project IBMs. This will include both program and financial management. The position requires to spend 35-40% of the time in the field. The specific scope of work will be;
Management of IBMs
- Facilitate the IBMs and the facility assessments to understand the need gaps in standards, equipment’s etc. to develop the technical direction and support plan for the IBM.
- Develop and execute a system of identifying potential primary healthcare networks which are inclusive and willing to expand services for the Urban Poor to be inducted into the project during the life of the project.
- Provide technical oversight and need based support to the IBMs through development of quality standards, manuals, training and orientation to ensure high quality primary healthcare is delivered through the networks. Some of these will include
- Standardization of service mix, operating protocols and accreditations.
- Ensure compliances to Environmental Mitigation and Protection Plan.
- Develop need based training and capacity development capsule for IBMs on primary healthcare services and deliver these through on-site and offsite mechanisms.
- Develop and administer quality audits of networks to ensure high level of services are provided to clients.
- Provide supportive supervision and monitoring support to the IBMs in delivering of services.
- Establish and operationalize an upward referral system wherever required.
- Integrate critical public health services to increase coverage for pregnant mothers and children.
- Work closely with Senior Expert Community Engagement towards rolling out the developed models of community mobilization, demand side financing and innovations into the Project Communities and providing the scale up support to the IBMs.
- Work closely with the Senior Expert Investments to ensure that the IBM Partners are provided need based Financial Assistance in timely manner towards ensuring project results are achieved.
- Support IBMs in strategic planning, management and execution of the programs across various partners and geographies and accountable for scale up.
- Network with professional bodies such as the IMA, FOGSI to leverage technical capabilities for the project.
- Responsible for high quality documentation of Project Progress, results and its dissemination to the internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and disseminate the program related guidance to the state teams and the partners.
- Provide assistance to the project partners in ensuring complete documentation of the TA and facilitate intersectoral linkages.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team at national to review the project data and MIS to ensure program dashboards are developed, used and disseminated on time.;
Documentation & Reporting
- Responsible for timely and high quality documentation of the weekly/monthly/quarterly Progress/annual reports.
- Development of Project materials in form of briefs and PowerPoint presentation.
- Complete and high quality documentation and dissemination of all program meetings, events to the relevant stakeholders.
- Develop program lessons learned for dissemination of program related learning.
- Work closely with the Senior Management team to develop concept notes and proposal for leveraging the CSR grants for scale up and expansion.
Degree in Medicine and Health/Hospital Administration or Management.
At least 8-12 years of professional work experience relevant to large scale operations and delivery of healthcare. Preference will be given to candidates who possess the dual experiences of working in public and private healthcare delivery systems with a focus on inclusive models.
Essential Skill Set
- Excellent understanding of Primary healthcare programs and understanding of the health programs, functioning and technical knowledge on health issues (Reproductive and Child Health, Family Planning, Maternal Health)
- Excellent presentation and marketing skills and ability to work in fluid, dynamic and evolving environment.
- Excellent writing skills and ability for analytics and writing project results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new concepts, techniques, and program expansion.
Other Skills and experiences: Computer proficiency in Ms Word, Excel, and Power Point is essential.Download Job Description