Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Social and Behaviour Communication Change Communication (SBCC) Expert -(Technical Support Unit)
Jaipur (Rajasthan, India)
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Dec, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
Project Udaan, is a joint initiative by Government of Rajasthan (GoR) and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), UK for a period of 4 years to prevent early marriage, early pregnancies and galvanise Government leadership by bringing together key departments to demonstrate a new model for transforming adolescent lives that is effective and scalable. Specific interventions under this investment will focus on 2 high-burden districts, demonstrating the model before scale-up.
The programme will achieve its goal through following three strategies:
- Expanding contraception method mix and choices of young women - The programme will support the Director Family Welfare, GoR to effectively roll out Injectable Contraceptives-Intra Muscular (IC-IM) across the 15 districts by setting-up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) within govt. This TSU will assist GoR in designing the IC-IM roll out strategy, SOPs for provision, facilitate in capacity building, develop a procurement and social & behaviour change communication (SBCC) plan, along with an IT enabled MIS.The programme will also undertake a pilot to assess the feasibility and user acceptance of IC Sub-Cutaneous (IC-SC) in selected geographies of Rajasthan, which has been licensed and appr
- Strengthening knowledge, attitude and practices on sexual and reproductive health among adolescents (Experimental) - This component aims to design, demonstrate and transfer a user centric model of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) for scale-up. It will rework the curriculum on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) for RKSK peer educators by content substitution and pedagogy techniques; identify and train peer educators using the revised module for training in-school and out-of-school IPE Global Limited adolescents; form and nurture adolescent groups (separate for boys & girls) and block level federations; build evidence and advocate for scale-up.
Keeping girls in secondary school by improving the outreach of scholarships programme – The programme will focus on strengthening scholarship delivery systems (IT enabled); generate wide public awareness on the scholarship schemes; mobilise communities to shift traditional norms with regard to girls’ education; and build capacities of government functionaries for effective state wide scale up.
- IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of SBCC and Advocacy Expert under the Technical Support Unit (TSU) being established with the Medical Health & Family Welfare Dept., GoR to support the roll-out of Mission Parivar Vikas in the State.
- As SBCC, s/he will be responsible for leading the Communication & Behaviour Change portfolio under expanding contraception method mix and choices of young women. S/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership in designing communication & behavior change strategies and also provide support to the state &district teams in operationalizing of communication strategies, which will require frequent visits to project sites.
- Technical Assistance
- Lead the design of community mobilization and BCC strategy, design the community needs assessment, research best methods of engaging with the communities;
- Provide technical assistance in the development, pre-testing and evaluation of information, education and communication materials;
- Lead in writing and production of communication materials such as case studies, development stories, press releases, brochures, newsletters, posters, video scripts,reports, Power Point presentation, etc.
- Implementation and Knowledge management and Dissemination
- Support in content development for IPC (Flip Chart, Flash Cards, etc.), Group Counselling (Charts and Pictorials), Social Mobilization (Haat, Mela, Folk Media, Festivals, important days, Programme Communication (audio and video scripts and lyrics etc.), Advocacy (Media, PRI etc.)
- Foster and facilitate relationships with a broad range of partners through the development of networks, to ensure that advocacy messages and communications campaigns are disseminated in an effective manner;
- Training and Capacity Building
- Organize capacity building and training in IEC/BCC approaches as needed under the project.
- Monitoring and Control
- Ensure implementation of the communication related activities and undertake regular monitoring and supportive supervision
- Support in procurement and supply of IEC material to districts
- Ensure submission of timely and high quality deliverables including reports as required for the project
- External Engagement
- Liaise with department and different stakeholders for development of quality outputs.
- Improve learning and sharing of information between partner organizations through the facilitation of knowledge sharing and communication..
- Support in organizing dissemination workshops, meetings, special events, etc.
- Coordinate the content generation for the program website and other social media platforms, including writing, editing and preparing stories and social media messages
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the incumbent may be required to undertake other duties as determined by Technical Expert cum Team Leader that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience
- University degree in mass communication, journalism, social sciences or a related relevant field from a recognized university.
- Not less than 10 years of experience in designing, and implementing social and behavioural change communication and advocacy campaigns for development programmes;
- Strong understanding of participatory communication design;
- Strong writing abilities and communication capacity;
- Ability to influence diverse actors – government, civil society and communities;
- Proven expertise in monitoring and evaluating activities on the basis of applied communication research.
- Good operational understanding of health sector and family planning related programmes;
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates;
- Knowledge of website content management;
- Ability to translate data / information into a comprehensive narrative for multiple audiences;
- Able to translate strategic direction into implementable plans for delivering on improved performance.
This will be a fixed term contract.
The contract will be initially for a period of one year, extendable thereafter, based on performance, for a likely period of 3 years. IPE Global is a fast growing organisation with a large portfolio of programmes in India/South-East Asia and Africa and there could be opportunity for long term association for exceptionally good candidates on mutually agreed terms.Download Job Description