Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Logistics & Supply Chain Expert (Technical Support Unit)
Jaipur (Rajasthan, India)
Type of Employment :
contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Apr, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
Project Udaan, is a joint initiative by Government of Rajasthan (GoR) and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), UK for a period of 4 years to prevent early marriage, early pregnancies and galvanise Government leadership by bringing together key departments to demonstrate a new model for transforming adolescent lives that is effective and scalable. Specific interventions under this investment will focus on 2 high-burden districts, demonstrating the model before scale-up.
The programme will achieve its goal through following three strategies:
- Expanding contraception method mix and choices of young women - The programme will support the Director Family Welfare, GoR to effectively roll out Injectable Contraceptives-Intra Muscular (IC-IM) across the 15 districts by setting-up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) within govt. This TSU will assist GoR in designing the IC-IM roll out strategy, SOPs for provision, facilitate in capacity building, develop a procurement and social & behaviour change communication (SBCC) plan, along with an IT enabled MIS.The programme will also undertake a pilot to assess the feasibility and user acceptance of IC Sub-Cutaneous (IC-SC) in selected geographies of Rajasthan, which has been licensed and appr
- Strengthening knowledge, attitude and practices on sexual and reproductive health among adolescents (Experimental) - This component aims to design, demonstrate and transfer a user centric model of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) for scale-up. It will rework the curriculum on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) for RKSK peer educators by content substitution and pedagogy techniques; identify and train peer educators using the revised module for training in-school and out-of-school IPE Global Limited adolescents; form and nurture adolescent groups (separate for boys & girls) and block level federations; build evidence and advocate for scale-up.
Keeping girls in secondary school by improving the outreach of scholarships programme – The programme will focus on strengthening scholarship delivery systems (IT enabled); generate wide public awareness on the scholarship schemes; mobilise communities to shift traditional norms with regard to girls’ education; and build capacities of government functionaries for effective state wide scale up.
- IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Logistics & Supply Chain Expert under the Technical Support Unit (TSU) being established within the Medical Health & Family Welfare Dept., GoR to support the roll-out of Mission Parivar Vikas in the State.
- As Logistics & Supply Chain Expert, s/he will be responsible for ensuring procurements and supply of contraceptives, especially injectables, according to the project plans and deadlines and improving supply chain and logistics processes for contraceptives.
- Provide technical assistance ensure proper supply of contraceptives to service delivery points including capacity building, operational delivery, and ensuring reporting and control mechanisms are in place and operational
- Developing and implementing distribution plans;
- Develop/adapt systems and metrics to support tracking and assessment of supply system performance;
- Serve as a point of contact for procurement and logistics related issues/questions;
- Identify current bottlenecks and suggest solutions to the department for improving the efficiency of its supply chain and logistics;
- Supporting the department in seeking appropriate approvals, from GoI, for implementing innovative interventions/strategies for addressing supply chain gaps, as required;
- Undertake/provide guidance for alignment with existing technology enabled procurement and SCM platforms in the state.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the incumbent may be required to undertake other duties as determined by Technical Expert cum Team Leader that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years’ of experience or advanced degree in supply chain management/ logistics or a related discipline with 5 years’ of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in pharmaceutical supply chain procurement; preferably family planning, HIV/AIDS, vaccines and/or malaria.
- Good results orientation combined with strong relationship management skills. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with government counterparts, implementation partners, as well as, with development agencies & donors;
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel and Power Point, etc.
This will be a fixed term contract.
The contract will be initially for a period of one year, extendable thereafter, based on performance, for a likely period of 3 years. IPE Global is a fast growing organisation with a large portfolio of programmes in India/South-East Asia and Africa and there could be opportunity for long term association for exceptionally good candidates on mutually agreed terms.Download Job Description