Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Manager Urban Health-IBM
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
30 Jul, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development,Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI* Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
URBAN HEALTH PROJECT
IPE Global has signed a 5 year Cooperative Agreement with USAID that aims to reduce preventable morbidity and mortality among women and children in urban areas by increasing access to and utilization of high quality primary healthcare services with a special focus on MNCH and FP services by leveraging the Inclusive Business Models (IBMs) and Primary Healthcare Networks. With this strategic framework the program aims that 10 million urban poor will have access to quality primary healthcare services resulting in a reduction in the Out of Pocket (OOP) Expenditure. The Project will be covering urban communities in Rajasthan, Odisha, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh and will scout for potential partnerships and expansion in other high focus states for USAID. Key Strategic Interventions areas will be; (i) Providing techno-managerial, financial capacity and ecosystem platform building for IBMs to institutionalize systems to offer high quality, affordable primary and secondary care with special focus on MNCH, FP and services and scale up; (ii) Scale up of need-based innovations, products leveraging technology to improve point of care (PoC) delivery in the community; (iii) Develop and roll out innovative demand side financing mechanisms that will increase ability of the urban poor to access quality healthcare; (iv) Adapt and roll out demand generation and behaviour change communication (BCC) campaigns to increase awareness and adoption of health seeking behaviour among the urban poor.
- Provide operational support to LS/Glocal/HLFPPT to design, plan and roll out the strategic interventions as agreed and identified during the course of implementation. The operational support will include towards roll out community engagement models, developing demand side financing and micro-finance products, community mobilization etc.
- Conduct periodic field visits to intervention sites and provide operational and monitoring support to ensure timely deliverables and reports are received as per the contractual obligations.
- Provide program support- High quality documentation of minutes of the meeting, dissemination and regular follow up support.
- Understand the Project requirements and coordinate with the expert team of IPE (in-house and Short Term Consultants) to roll out developed models of community mobilization, demand side financing and innovations; need for Financial Advisory and Monitoring and evaluation.
- Financial Assistance in timely manner towards ensuring project results are achieved.
- Actively look out for local CSR opportunity and pursue the opportunity under the guidance of point person at IPE – global head quarter.
- Provision of support to Life Spring/Glocal/HLFPPT program staff to conduct TNA (Training Need Assessment) and conduct capacity building session on periodic basis.
- Responsible for timely and high quality documentation of the weekly/ monthly/quarterly submitted to IPE and LS/Glocal/HLFPPT.
- Responsible for monthly reporting of indicators, MIS and Cost Share in close cooperation from LS/Glocal/HLFPPT.
- Development of Project materials in form of briefs and PowerPoint presentation.
- Complete and high quality documentation and dissemination of all program meetings, events to the relevant stakeholders.
- Develop program lessons learned for dissemination of program related learning.
- Any other Project related task as requested by LS/Glocal/HLFPPT and IPE.
- Master’s Degree in Health Business Administration, Marketing and Management, Social Sciences or Public Health.
- At least 5-6 years of professional work experience relevant to large scale operations and delivery of healthcare.
ESSENTIAL SKILL SET
- Excellent understanding of Primary healthcare programs and understanding of the health programs, functioning and technical knowledge on health issues (Reproductive and Child Health, Family Planning, Maternal Health)
- Excellent presentation and marketing skills and ability to work in fluid, dynamic and evolving environment.
- Excellent writing skills and ability for analytics and writing project results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new concepts, techniques, and program expansion.
- Other Skills and experiences: Computer proficiency in Ms Word, Excel, and Power Point is essential.