Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Finance & Grants Manager
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
30 Apr, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines
USAID funded Urban Health Project:
IPE Global in-cooperation with USAID is implementing a five year Project on Urban Health -Partnerships for Affordable Healthcare Access and Longevity (“PAHAL”). The goal of the current intervention is to facilitate Inclusive Business Models (IBMs) for addressing primary health care needs of urban poor. Thereby, reducing preventable morbidity and mortality among women and children in urban areas through improved access to affordable, quality RMNCH+A services and better health seeking behaviour. The intended intervention outcomes are as follows:
- Increased access to affordable quality primary health care ensured for 10 million urban poor
- Out of Pocket (OOP) Expenditure for urban poor for primary health care reduced by 30% in intervention areas
The program team proposes to achieve the above mentioned objectives by -
- Providing Catalytic Support to IBMs for delivering affordable and quality primary health care at scale with a coverage of 10 million urban poor
- Setting up Impact Investment Funds on returnable capital model to support scale-up by IBMs in the urban health care space (explore potential use of CSR funding)
- Develop and support adoption of innovative and sustainable demand side financing models (pre-pay, community insurance, deferred payments, etc.) so that there is capacity to pay from the user groups, especially the poor
- Improve awareness and health seeking behaviour of urban poor through use of technology aimed at increasing utilization of preventive health interventions.
- Explore potential uses of eHealth to ensure affordable and quality services.
- Work with national, state and local governments for better regulatory regime focused on improving the enabling environment and ease of doing business for IBMs
While the program would look to work with the urban poor in four states of India – Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Delhi, other high burden MNH states could also be considered. Overall, the intervention design will aim to have 10,000,000 (Ten Million) direct beneficiaries during the (next 4-5 years) program period through scale up of existing IBM models.
The Grants and Finance Manager is responsible for providing management and oversight of the project operations, including grant management, the field accounting, program finances and field financial reporting, the project office and facilities; and general administration. The Grants and Finance Manager's responsibilities will include start to finish grants management,financial and compliance monitoring of partners and sub-grantees, reporting on grants performance, and responding to inquiries from employees, senior management and USAID.
S/he is responsible for financial reports and practices to ensure quality and accuracy. S/he will ensure the efficient and effective use of the project resources under the direction of Project Director and Vice President. In conjunction with IPE Global, the Grants and Finance Manager ensures that all project operations are in full compliance with USAID regulations, IPE Global, and Indian law.
- Preparing grant solicitations and overall managing the grant portfolio in accordance with USAID procedures
- Monitoring on an ongoing basis, the performance of partners and grantees with respect to the activities, reporting, deliverables and milestones agreed upon in their funding proposals
- Responsible for the overall coordination of State level teams including support to the start-up and close-down of state programs, and provide on-going general administrative support to state offices
- Oversee and ensure the development and implementation of accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures
- Oversee training to field staff on project procedures as well as building skill-levels of project staff in the area of grants, finance, administration, and project management
- Oversee and ensure timely periodic financial reporting to USAID
- Per USAID and IPE Global guidance, assure that the project maintains the highest standards for compliance and audits
- As required, provide with inputs into the project’s annual work plans and quarterly and annual reports as well as budget tracking and external reporting as needed
- Any other duties assigned.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
Grants, contracts and procurement management:
- Ensure an accurate, timely, efficient and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle, from proposal to close. This entails pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management. Preparing grant solicitations and managing the grant portfolio in accordance with USAID procedures
- Working with the team to evaluate grant proposals and budgets
- Administering grants awards, developing task orders, reviewing milestones as part of the Implementation Committee, advising on the release of funds, following-up on the transfer of funds and monitoring the use of funds as per approved budgets
- Coordinating with the sub-awardees and ensuring timely receipt and processing of all the financial reports
- Monitoring on an ongoing basis, the performance of grantees with respect to the activities, reporting, deliverables and milestones agreed upon in their funding proposals
- Ensuring that grantees comply with all contractual obligations, financial reporting requirements and other requirements of IPE Global, USAID and Indian government laws and standards
- Provide on-going training to program and finance staff as well as grantees related to grant administration, OMB circulars, organizational and compliance policies
- Conducting the financial reviews of the sub-awardee and ensuring that timely audits are conducted as per donor and organizational guidelines
- To develop and administer the annual procurement plan in consultation with the technical officers of the Project and in accordance with procurement rules, USAID regulations, and IPE Global policies and procedure
- Ensure that overall procurement of the project while providing support to the other state offices on procurement matters
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
- Provide financial management oversight, analyze budgets, and make recommendations on budget expenditures
- Finance processes mapping and elaboration /establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance, control of workflows in the Finance unit
- Ensure that all financial transactions are identified, recorded and verified in compliance with USAID policies and procedures
- Manage local tax payments and exemptions, as required
- Coordinate VAT exemption process. Ensures USAID VAT exemption regulations are followed at all times
- Ensure timely submission of periodic financial reports, accruals and pipeline analyses required by USAID
- Masters or higher degree in areas of Business Administration, Financial management or CA, ICWA
- 4-5 years of working experience with USAID or similar agencies.
- Prior experience with grants/cooperating agreements/contracts under USAID regulations
- Experience leading and managing the financial and administrative aspects of multi-partner USAID projects
- Demonstrating knowledge of RCA audit requirements
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.