Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Social & Behaviour Change Communication Expert
Type of Employment :
Consultant ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Dec, 2017
About IPE :
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
S/he will be leading the Communication & Behaviour Change portfolios of the project. S/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership in designing communication & behavior change strategies. Will also provide support to the state & district teams in operationalizing of communication strategies, documenting lessons learned, process documentation and accomplishment of its deliverables, which will require frequent visits to project sites.
- The SBCC Expert will provide inputs during the inception, implementation and handover phases of the project
- Lead the design of the community mobilization and BCC strategy, design the community needs assessment, research best methods of engaging with the communities, develop content for IPC (Flip Chart, Flash Cards, etc.), Group Counselling (Charts and Pictorials), Social Mobilization (Haat, Mela, Folk Media, Festivals, important days, Programme Communication (audio and video scripts and lyrics etc.), Advocacy (Media, PRI etc.)
- Ensure that the project incorporates appropriate gender mainstreaming tools and adopts gender sensitive strategies.
- Provide technical assistance in the development, pre-testing and evaluation of information, education and communication materials.
- Liaison with partners to implement, monitor and report on program activities according to the program requirements.
- Organize capacity building and training in IEC/BCC approaches as needed under the project. Support in procurement and supply of mass communication material to districts.
- Support in procurement and supply of mass communication material to districts.
- Ensure implementation of the communication related activities and undertake regular monitoring and supportive supervision.
- Lead in writing and production of communication materials such as development stories, press releases, brochures, newsletters, posters, video scripts, reports, PowerPoint presentation, etc.
- Improve learning and sharing of information between partner organizations through the facilitation of knowledge sharing and communication.
- Coordinate the content generation for the program website and other social media platforms, including writing, editing and preparing stories and social media messages
- Support in organizing dissemination workshops, meetings, special events, etc.
- Ensure submission of timely and high quality deliverables including reports as required for the project
Qualification & Experience
- University degree in mass communication, journalism, social sciences or a related relevant field from a recognized university is essential.
- Not less than 10 years of experience in designing, and implementing social and behavioural change communication.
- Strong understanding of participatory communication design .
- Strong writing abilities and communication capacity .
- Ability to influence diverse actors – government, civil society and communities .
- Proven expertise in monitoring and evaluating activities on the basis of applied communication research .