Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Director Education, Skills and Development
Type of Employment :
Regular ( Senior Level)
30 Jun, 2017
Skill Set and Job Description:
Education is an emerging focus area for IPE Global. We're looking to expand our presence in the sector in the coming few years, and build on our recent path breaking work in the sector. A representative sample of the work we were involved with: implemented one of the biggest conditional cash transfer schemes in India for school children and providing state wide remedial education, supporting the Government in implementing the Rashtriya Madhyamika Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), and contributing to the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) survey in India. We're excited about upcoming opportunities in the sector and looking to engage a specialist with the right experience and bent of mind to join us.
This position provides leadership to the emerging Education sector at IPE Global. The role is envisaged to cover the following areas:
- Take overall Education ( and Skill Development) practice responsibility including organizational positioning, outreach and marketing, interaction with client, oversight of day to day operations, bidding and delivery;
- Develop and manage a team of 8-10 programme member team in this sector;
- Develop network and relationships with other consultancy firms, institutions and individuals.
Strategy development, Communications and Management:
- Contribute to strategy development and corporate management of the Education portfolio;
- Developing and executing sector growth strategy for the company;
- Build institutional relations and brand of the company in the Education sector;
- Communicate and demonstrate successes and learning experiences in the sector, and document and disseminate results in Education;
Technical and Managerial:
- Provide timely, high quality advice for ongoing projects, at all stages of the project cycle, including policy and programme design, development, implementation, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Analyse and scan education trends in India and internationally, with a view to informing our programming in the Education vertical and to seize the opportunities;
- Build up a network of contacts and partnerships in the Education sector with relevant members of the government, civil society organisations, academia, private sector and donor agencies.
- Post-graduate degree in Education or Social Science discipline such as Economics, Sociology, Social Policy, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience of working as an education specialist in India, or a developing or transition country.
- Experience of managing significant size donor funded programmes or state level projects, preferably in education reform;
- Demonstrable experience in programme management, project delivery, quality assurance, supervising teams, managing budgets and multiple workplans, report writing, etc. in the Education sector;
- Technical knowledge of core education agendas, in particular: school education, systems and delivery, secondary education, vocational education & skill development, exclusion, gender issues, learning outcome assessment, teacher education, education management and accountability, civil society and community participation;
- Experience of working in collaboration with Indian government (at the Centre/state level) in the implementation of education programmes;
- Familiarity with the general Business Development Cycle both for international agencies as well as government clients;
- Demonstrable leadership experience;
- Networking capabilities in the Education sector;
- International experience preferred.