To apply for a suitable position at IPE Global, explore our Current Openings. Alternatively, you could pro-actively submit your CV and we will get in touch with you once a suitable opportunity arises. To submit your CV, please fill in the form below:
Job Title / Position:
Nutrition Policy & Planning Expert
Type of Employment : Full Time (
2 Jan, 2013
Job Description :
Orissa Health Sector and Nutrition Plan (OHSNP) is an initiative of Government of Orissa supported by DFID, UK. The main objectives of the OHSP are: reduction in infant mortality, maternal mortality, and total fertility rate; making health outcomes and utilization of services more equitable; addressing malnutrition among children; and reducing morbidity and mortality from common communicable diseases such as malaria.
Consortium of Care International, UK, Options Consulting UK and IPE Global have set up a Technical and Management Support Team (TMST) with support from DFID, UK to assist the Department of Health and Family Welfare (DoHFW), GoO to enhance its focus on the underserved KBK+ districts; introduce a range of innovations in service delivery, and bring in systemic reforms such as in human resources, financial management, procurement and monitoring. The focus of the technical cooperation is;
(a) to consolidate and sustain these reforms to deliver on maternal and child health outcomes while focusing on district and below accountability
(b) Supporting the Department of Women and Child Development (DWCD) to implement nutrition reforms and service delivery, and
(c) Integrating and rolling out WASH strategies.
Nutrition Policy & Planning Expert
The Nutrition Policy & Planning Expert will be directly contributing towards the achievement of output-1 and play a significant role in the achievement of other outputs and all of which have nutrition as an important cross-cutting component.
This is an expert level position with TMST to work with senior level government and development partner functionaries to achieve OHSNP objectives. S/he will be leading the Nutrition Policy & Planning portfolio of the project. S/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the state and district support teams in the implementation of nutrition related issues and accomplishment of set deliverables.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The technical assistance to be performed by the Nutrition Policy & Planning Expert shall include but not limited to following:
- Provide technical support for implementation of Nutrition Operation Plan currently implemented by DWCD, Odisha
- Support creation of technical concept notes, policy papers, position papers, evaluation reports, etc on ICDS reform and facilitate implementation at state and district level.
- Support strengthening ICDS systems for better service uptake and quality care
- Enable the program management units to develop state and district implementation plan and monitoring on a regular basis.
- Create evidence on effective implementation of the program and its result
- Coordinate with other development agencies and departments for building capacity of the existing ICDS workforce in the field of basics of nutrition and its relevance in achieving the goal
- Support other system strengthening efforts/ mechanism being initiated by other department for better performance.
- Work in the nutrition team and support internal team members in achieving the desired role.
- Create evidence from time to time for advocacy of best practices based on national and international evidence.
- Respond to the needs and request of the department and DFID from time to time.
- Support the integration of nutrition component in the implementation of quality of care (QoC) improvement plan across different levels of facilities (especially in the 15 underserved KBK+ districts).
- Strengthen Village Health Nutrition Day (VHNDs) and quality of services and counselling during VHNDS.
- Increased capacity of Gaon Kalyan Samitis (GKS) to promote use and improve awareness and demand for entitlements of nutrition, water and sanitation services among the target community.
- Identify Community-based approaches to manage, demand and monitor nutrition outcomes: Operational action plan agreed with GoO, scale-up pilots implemented in selected high priority districts, and key departments supported for state wide scale up.
- Support scale-up and implementation of cash transfers to manage child nutrition and mothers’ nutrition, including monitoring and impact evaluation.
- Support roll-out of the capacity development of frontline providers, supervisors and Anganwadi workers (AWWs) for improved nutrition.
- Ensure that monthly analytical report is prepared on the nutrition status in KBK+ districts and shared at districts and state level and corrective measure suggested.
- Provide inputs to the DFID appointed Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) supplier firm to support an integrated state level communication and BCC campaign on nutrition.
- Facilitate institutionalization of concurrent monitoring for nutrition
- Support effective functioning of the IT enabled integrated MIS for NRHM, so that monthly information on nutrition is captured and reports are generated and analysed.
- Support implementation of evidence based road map for private sector engagement
Download Job Details