Apply Now Back
To apply for a suitable position at IPE Global Limited, explore our Current Openings. Alternatively, you could pro-actively submit your CV and we will get in touch with you once a suitable opportunity arises. To submit your CV, please fill in the form below::
Job Title / Position:
Nutrition Policy & Planning Expert
Type of Employment :
Full Time ( Senior Level)
2 Jan, 2013
- Provide technical support for implementation of Nutrition Operation Plan currently implemented by DWCD, Odisha
- Support creation of technical concept notes, policy papers, position papers, evaluation reports, etc on ICDS reform and facilitate implementation at state and district level.
- Support strengthening ICDS systems for better service uptake and quality care
- Enable the program management units to develop state and district implementation plan and monitoring on a regular basis.
- Create evidence on effective implementation of the program and its result
- Coordinate with other development agencies and departments for building capacity of the existing ICDS workforce in the field of basics of nutrition and its relevance in achieving the goal
- Support other system strengthening efforts/ mechanism being initiated by other department for better performance.
- Work in the nutrition team and support internal team members in achieving the desired role.
- Create evidence from time to time for advocacy of best practices based on national and international evidence.
- Respond to the needs and request of the department and DFID from time to time.
- Support the integration of nutrition component in the implementation of quality of care (QoC) improvement plan across different levels of facilities (especially in the 15 underserved KBK+ districts).
- Strengthen Village Health Nutrition Day (VHNDs) and quality of services and counselling during VHNDS.
- Increased capacity of Gaon Kalyan Samitis (GKS) to promote use and improve awareness and demand for entitlements of nutrition, water and sanitation services among the target community.
- Identify Community-based approaches to manage, demand and monitor nutrition outcomes: Operational action plan agreed with GoO, scale-up pilots implemented in selected high priority districts, and key departments supported for state wide scale up.
- Support scale-up and implementation of cash transfers to manage child nutrition and mothersâ nutrition, including monitoring and impact evaluation.
- Support roll-out of the capacity development of frontline providers, supervisors and Anganwadi workers (AWWs) for improved nutrition.
- Ensure that monthly analytical report is prepared on the nutrition status in KBK+ districts and shared at districts and state level and corrective measure suggested.
- Provide inputs to the DFID appointed Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) supplier firm to support an integrated state level communication and BCC campaign on nutrition.
- Facilitate institutionalization of concurrent monitoring for nutrition
- Support effective functioning of the IT enabled integrated MIS for NRHM, so that monthly information on nutrition is captured and reports are generated and analysed.
- Support implementation of evidence based road map for private sector engagement